Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fantasy NBA 10/28/06

My fantasy league conducted its Live Draft today and I'm quite pleased with the players I got. I was able to draft the players I wanted (T-Mac!), but was unable to draft other players that I coveted (Darko!). Overall, I am excited at the potential of my team to compete in a head-to-head set-up and give me a championship in my first foray into the fantasy world of the NBA.

Here is my complete roster:
PG - Mike Bibby
PG - Jason Terry
PG/SG - Brandon Roy
SG - Larry Hughes
SG/SF - Tracy McGrady
SG/SF - Luol Deng
SF/PF - Shawn Marion
SF/PF - Andrei Kirilenko
SF/PF - Lamar Odom
SF/PF - Marvin Williams
PF/C - Boris Diaw
PF/C - Andrew Bogut
PF/C - Chris Wilcox

Some notes:
  • Going into the Draft, I was focused on getting players with multiple position eligibility. I think this is key in terms of having the flexibility to assign players in different positions on any given game day.
  • The position I struggled drafting for is the point guard position. Given my draft position (6 out of 8), I initially targeted Kirk Hinrich to be my first point guard pick. However, another manager valued him higher than the round I was planning on picking him. My next target was Baron Davis, given that I think all signs point to him having a bounce-back season. Again another team manager picked him just before my pick. Thus, I was left with JT and Bibby as my point guards.
  • Also got pissed when someone picked up Darko in round 8! Although, I can't say I'm overly disappointed with the player I replaced him with - Chris Wilcox! Here's hoping he duplicates his numbers after he got traded to Seattle last year.
  • Lastly, I took a chance with Brandon Roy and Marvin Williams for my last two picks. I like Brandon's chances of making an impact fantasy-wise because even as a rookie, he already is more mature than the other backcourt players of the Blazers. On the other hand, despite the setback of an injury, I still believe Marv is scheduled for a breakout year and I'll be content in keeping him on the bench for now until the right time comes.

No comments: